常寂光寺 寺歴 THE HISTORY

文禄五年/ 1596
究竟院日禛上人の隠棲地として角倉家より小倉山の土地の 寄進を受ける。
慶長年間/1596~1615
小早川秀秋の助力を得て、桃山城客殿を移築し本堂を造営。
元和二年/1616
大本山本圀寺客殿の南門(貞和年間の建立)を移築し、仁王門 とする。仁王像は運慶作と伝えられる。
元和六年/1620
辻藤兵衛尉直信の寄進により多宝塔を建立する。釈迦如来、 多宝如来の二尊を祀る。
寛永十八年/1641
鐘楼を建立。
正徳五年/1715
霊元上皇より多宝塔に「並尊閣」の頼額を賜り、本堂には 伏見常照院宮御筆蹟にて「御祈禱処」の扁額を賜る。
享和年間/1801~1804
妙見堂を建立。洛陽十二支妙見「酉の妙見」に数えられる。 堂内には、能勢型の妙見大菩薩の他、日禛上人開眼の鬼子 母神と十羅刹女、大黒天像が合祀されている。
明治二十三年/1890
創建以前よりあった小祠を開山時に山上へと移転し今日に 至る謌僊祠を改築、扁額は富岡鉄斎による。平成六年に改築 する。祠内には、藤原定家、家隆(室町時代)の座像を奉祀する。
明治二十五年/1892
大本山本圀寺の永代緋金襴二等格寺院となる。
平成二年/1990
女の碑の会会員の発願により、独身女性を中心とした納骨堂 「志縁廟」を建立する。
平成十六年/2004
開山堂を建立。日禛上人座像(江戸初期)を祀る。
1596
Kukyoin Nisshin Shonin received Ogurayama land from Suminokura family, for his retreat.
1596~1615
With the support of Kobayakawa Hideaki, the Guest Hall (kyakuden) of Momoyama Castle was moved to this temple and became its main hall (hondo).
1616
The south gate (built 1345-46) to the Guest Hall of the head temple, Honkokuji, was moved to this temple to serve as the Niomon Gate. (Nio Deva statue attrib. the famouse 13th c. Buddhist sculptor, Unkei.)
1620
Through a donation by Tsuji Tobei Naonobu, the Tahoto pagoda was built. It enshrines Shaka Nyorai and Taho Nyorai.
1641
The belfry was built.
1715
An imperial name plaque for the Tahoto pagoda, reading "Heisonkaku" (Pavilion of Two Respected Images), was received from Emperor Rei- gen, and a plaque reading "Gokito-dokoro" (Honorable Prayer Place), calligraphed by Lady Joshoin of the princely Fushimi-no-miya family, was received for the main hall.
1801~1804
The Myokendo Hall, which counts as number ten on the twelvebranch Myoken zodiac of the capital, was built. In it is a statue of the bodhisa- ttva Myoken in the "nosegata" pose,the statues of Kishimojin and the Jurasetsunyo that Nisshin Shonin performed the "eye- opening" cerem- onies for, and a statue of Daikokuten.
1890
The Immortal Poets Shrine that existed before the temple's establish- ment and was moved to the summit of the hill during the founder's time was rebuilt. Tomioka Tessai wrote the name plaque for it. This shrine was again rebuilt in 1994. Inside are statues (Muromachi pe- riod) of Fujiwara Teika and Ietaka in seated poses.
1892
Jojakkoji became an official affiliate temple (Perpetual Non-Gold- Brocade 2nd Class) of the Nichiren main temple, Honkokuji.
1990
The Shien Mausoleum for interring the ashes of non-married women was established, as conceived by members of the 'Monument to Women' Society.
2004
The Founder's Hall was built, and a seated statue of Nisshin Shonin (Edo period) was enshrined therein.